New York Cosmetic Dentist Michael Kosdon, DDS
Michael Kosdon, DDS brings his talents and experience with cosmetic dentistry to New York. Dr. Kosdon is specialty-trained in the full range of dentistry options, and has helped create some of the most recognizable smiles in the world. Known throughout Hollywood as a dentist to the stars, Dr. Kosdon has the dental skills and artistic ability to give you a movie-star smile too.
Once you’ve read Dr. Kosdon’s bio and the story of our cosmetic dentistry practice, we encourage you to contact our offices with any questions you may have, or to schedule a consultation today.
- What is a Cosmetic Dentist?
- Meet Dr. Kosdon
- Our Office
- What Does it Mean to be a Top Dentist?
- How to Find the Best Cosmetic Dentist in New York
- Q&A with Dr. Kosdon
What is a Cosmetic Dentist?
A cosmetic dentist has undergone additional training in restorative and aesthetic dentistry procedures that can improve oral health, dental structure, and the appearance of the teeth and gums. Treatments performed by a cosmetic dentist may include teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, dental implants, Invisalign®, and/or porcelain crowns, which can change the shape, color, size, and alignment of the teeth for a more beautiful smile.
Meet Dr. Kosdon – a Top Cosmetic Dentist in New York
Michael Kosdon, DDS was trained at the prestigious USC School of Dentistry, and maintains a state-of-the-art practice in New York City. He has devoted his career to giving patients improved dental health and a bright, stunning smile utilizing the most advanced treatments and techniques available. Dr. Kosdon is a member of the American Dental Association, the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, and other major dental organizations. Dr. Kosdon focuses on providing comprehensive dental care using safe techniques that have proven effective. From porcelain veneers to dental implants, he is committed to custom-tailoring all care to each individual patient, and ensuring your visit with us is as anxiety-free as possible.
Dr. Kosdon knows the impact a smile can have on someone’s life and self confidence. Even though Dr. Kosdon was the son of a dentist, he was not born with a nice set of teeth. In fact, his teeth were very short and discolored with large gaps or spaces between them. Growing up he was always embarrassed to smile, he often covered his teeth when laughing. Fortunately, advancements in modern cosmetic dentistry gave him a chance to improve his smile. Dr. Kosdon had done to correct some of these blemishes; Dr. Kosdon has not stopped smiling since. Experiencing his own smile transformation was the driving factor in his passion for cosmetic dentistry and why he chose to specialize in smile makeovers and porcelain veneers.
I know firsthand that having a great smile can completely change one’s life. My whole personality and confidence changed after having my smile fixed, and I have dedicated my life to giving my patients the beautiful smile they deserve.
~ Dr. Kosdon
Dr. Kosdon also knows that there isn’t just one procedure or smile type that fits every patient’s needs or desires. Maintaining the elements that are unique and natural to each person is important while giving patients the smile of their dreams. During your initial consultation, Dr. Kosdon will spend time discussing your individual needs and desired outcome, custom tailoring a smile that fits you. Whether you are looking for a dazzling white Hollywood smile or something less drastic, Dr. Kosdon and his staff are committed to treating patients in a friendly and compassionate manner.
Quick Facts About Dr. Kosdon
- Has over two decades of cosmetic dentistry experience
- Trained at the esteemed USC School of Dentistry & Las Vegas Institute (LVI)
- Has placed thousands of veneers and completes dozens of smile makeovers each year
- Named a RealSelf Top Doctor & RealSelf Top Contributor
- Active member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- 5-star average rating across popular online review sites
The beautifully designed office of Michael Kosdon, DDS is geared toward giving you the most relaxing experience you can get when visiting the dentist. We offer a variety of amenities to help you relieve anxiety and quicken the treatment process, and our staff is here to assist you with your needs. Dr. Kosdon incorporates the latest advances in dentistry such as digital x-rays, imaging systems, and sedation dentistry to keep you relaxed while you are here.
We are constantly striving to provide a unique and comprehensive approach to dental care that will alleviate any dental fears you may have and give you effective treatment, a pleasant experience, and a beautiful new smile!
What Does it Mean to be a Top Dentist?
Dr. Kosdon’s reputation as a top dentist in both New York City and Beverly Hills is a reflection of his dedication to the field of cosmetic dentistry and his patients. High points in his career have been characterized by:
- Decades of success in private practice
- Advanced training and continued education at the Las Vegas Institute (LVI), which is considered the leading cosmetic dental institute in the world.
- Outstanding patient reviews and 5-star average ratings on Google+, Yelp!, Facebook, and other leading online platforms.
- Active membership in the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)—a prominent organization of respected cosmetic dentists from around the world who represent excellence in patient care, continuing dental education, and ethical conduct.
- Performing hundreds of smile makeovers and thousands of dental procedures.
- Several significant accolades, including being named among Southern California’s Top Dentists in 2016 by Los Angeles Magazine.
- Appearances in print and television media that have featured his dental expertise.
- Treating patients from all over the world.
How to Find the Best Cosmetic Dentist in New York
With his tremendous enthusiasm for cosmetic dentistry, Dr. Kosdon feels that all patients should be well educated when making significant decisions. Choosing a qualified cosmetic dentist with the advanced training and vast experience is the most important factor in the short term and long term results of a cosmetic dental procedure and your dental health.
These days, patients often begin their search for a skilled cosmetic dentist with diligent internet research, narrow down their options, and then schedule consultations with the dentists they believe may be most suitable. To aid in the selection process, Dr. Kosdon has outlined a comprehensive list of recommendations to help you determine which cosmetic dentist is right for you:
- Get information about the dentist’s credentials and find out if they are in good standing within the professional community.
- Speak to current patients to find out about their overall satisfaction and get a sense for the quality of the dentist’s work.
- View patient testimonials and check online ratings and reviews.
- Ask about whether the dentist continues to pursue training in the latest dental technology and methods of treatment. Inquire about the technology used at the practice.
- Examine before-and-after photos of patients’ treatment results to ensure the work meets your cosmetic needs and goals.
- Ask the dentist to describe his or her interpretation of a “custom” approach to cosmetic dentistry.
- During the consultation phase, make sure you are comfortable with the dentist. Building trust and a solid rapport is essential.
- Inquire about the process used to fabricate restorations. Are high-quality materials offered? Are realistic aesthetics and long-lasting results a priority? What is the dentist’s relationship to the ceramist or dental lab?
Don’t trust your smile to just anyone! A smile makeover performed by the right dentist can change your life. Dr. Kosdon knows creating a beautiful smile requires a specialist with advanced training, an artistic eye, and extensive experience—and for many men and women, Dr. Kosdon has had the ideal personality and skill-set to give them the smile of their dreams.
Q&A with Dr. Kosdon
What is the key focus of your patient care philosophy?My philosophy is simple, I take the time to get to know my patients and their personalities—always listening to what they’re looking to achieve esthetically. I used this knowledge along with my many years of experience to deliver natural-looking results that are hand-made for each individual.
With so many cosmetic dentists in NYC to choose from, why you?I really encourage my patients to be involved in their smile transformations. That’s why no two smiles in my portfolio are the same, each makeover reflects the personality and style of each patient.
Are there any dental cases you are particularly proud of?I’m proud of every smile I’ve transformed, from a single tooth to the entire mouth. I feel so fortunate to be able to have made such a positive difference in so many people’s lives. You can never underestimate how much an attractive smile has on one’s confidence and overall happiness in life.
What do you feel are some of the most significant advancements or breakthroughs in cosmetic dentistry?Today you’re able to really achieve amazing results through minimally invasive procedures. Many times, smiles can be restored with very little to no modification of the enamel, which allows us to make thin veneers that look very natural
What excites you most about the future of cosmetic dentistry?I’m very excited for the future of cosmetic dentistry! With so many working from home on video conferencing, we’re seeing a surge in people looking to enhance their smiles. We have had a lot of people inquiring about cosmetic dental procedures after seeing their smiles up close on a Zoom meeting. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of having a healthy attractive smile, especially today.
Any last piece of advice for someone looking for a cosmetic dentist?I think it’s important to connect with and feel comfortable with the cosmetic dentist you choose to work with. Obviously the reviews and pictures need to be amazing, but feeling heard and listened to is really the key factor in getting the results that you’re looking for! You want to work with someone who answers all of your questions and takes the time to address any concerns you may have.
If you want to find out how Dr. Kosdon can use state-of-the-art cosmetic dentistry to perfect your smile, please contact our office to schedule a personal consultation.