With age, our faces tend to become shorter as a result of our teeth wearing down over time. Unfortunately, this effect often leads to noticeable wrinkling as well as an overall facial aesthetic that makes us appear older than we actually are or feel. Developed by Dr. Michael Kosdon, our experienced cosmetic dentist, a Smile Facelift® is an innovative treatment that can help rejuvenate your facial appearance through dentistry, eliminating the need for injectables or invasive surgery.
To start the Smile Facelift® process, Dr. Kosdon performs a thorough assessment of your age, facial shape, skin tone, lip fullness, and the length of your teeth. Based on this evaluation, he can then design customized porcelain veneers that match the color of your natural teeth while effectively addressing your cosmetic needs and goals. By increasing both the length and volume of your teeth, these dental veneers can help to:
- Naturally smooth wrinkles by lengthening your facial structure
- Provide better support for thin, sunken lips
- Reinforce cheek structure for a healthier, more youthful appearance
- Slightly reposition the jaw for a stronger, improved aesthetic
- Enhance bite coordination and tooth structure
- Correct speech issues caused by chips, gaps, and/or tooth misalignments
- Improve overall oral health
Ultimately, the rejuvenating effect a healthy, beautiful smile can have on your entire facial aesthetic may surprise you. If you are interested in achieving a more youthful-looking appearance through non-surgical, non-invasive means, a Smile Facelift® may be an excellent solution. To find out if this treatment is right for you, please feel free to contact us today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Kosdon.