Celebrity cosmetic dentist Dr. Michael Kosdon shares valuable tips on how to find a dental professional who can meet—and exceed—your expectations for cosmetic treatment in New York City.
New York, NY — The success of a cosmetic dentistry procedure typically depends on the skill of the dentist, says NYC cosmetic dentist Michael Kosdon, DDS. Because cosmetic dental procedures can enhance the smile and sometimes improve the functionality of the mouth, Dr. Kosdon stresses the importance of choosing a dentist with years of experience and a record of highly satisfied patients. Furthermore, he has provided a list of tips to help patients choose a dentist who is not only properly certified, but with whom they can feel comfortable communicating and building a sturdy professional relationship.
According to Dr. Kosdon, being an exceptional cosmetic dentist is not just about performing groundbreaking work. Rather, he emphasizes, the key is to communicate with patients in a way they understand. These tips reflect his view of the ideal cosmetic dentist, as well as the standards to which he holds himself.
- Look into your dentist’s credentials. Be sure to choose a cosmetic dentist who is properly licensed and educated. For instance, if a dentist is accredited by the American Dental Association and holds memberships in organizations such as the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, this signifies they have had a successful career with years of experience. In addition, the most prestigious dentists will often hold awards. The institutions from which they earned degrees should also be considered.
- Consult the reviews and testimonials. These can often be found on the practice’s website. Reading these reviews can be extremely enlightening and paint a more accurate picture of the dentist. Some also find it helpful to reach out to current and prior patients for first-hand insight.
- Browse before-and-after photos. A dentist’s site will sometimes feature a photo gallery. Photos can be a great indicator of a dentist’s work and can provide patients with a better idea of what they can expect.
- Choose a dentist with strong communication skills. Thankfully, most practices offer an initial consultation, during which patients can meet the dentist and discuss desires and concerns in detail.
- Consider their point of view on customization. In cosmetic dentistry, every procedure is tailored around the patient’s unique needs and goals. A competent cosmetic dentist takes pride in the ability to mold their knowledge and skill to their patients’ wishes. When a patient attends an initial consultation, they should feel validated and understood throughout.
Ultimately, Dr. Kosdon encourages patients to thoroughly research prospective dentists. Viewing their testimonials, reviews, galleries, and other crucial information should influence their decision and ensure they receive the best possible treatment.
About Michael Kosdon, DDS
Having established practices in both New York City and Beverly Hills, Dr. Michael Kosdon has enhanced the smiles of thousands of patients. Currently, he operates solely in New York City, where he offers treatments such as porcelain veneers and the Smile Facelift®. Known as a leader in the cosmetic dentistry field, he is an alumnus of the distinguished USC School of Dentistry, as well as the Las Vegas Institute (LVI), where he still attends continuing education courses to keep informed on the latest oral care trends. Celebrated as both a RealSelf Top Doctor and Top Contributor, Dr. Kosdon has perfected the smiles of many big-name celebrities and treats his patients to a luxurious experience when they visit his office. Dr. Kosdon is available for interview upon request.
To learn more about world-famous cosmetic dentist Michael Kosdon, visit smilesofnyc.com, veneers.nyc, facebook.com/MichaelKosdonDDS, and @drmichaelkosdon on Instagram.
Michael Kosdon, DDS
150 East 58th Street
10th Floor Annex
New York, NY 10155