Do Porcelain Veneers Feel Like Real Teeth?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells of ceramic material that are designed to fit over the front portion of each tooth to change its appearance. Ideally, only a small amount of enamel is removed from teeth to accommodate the slender thickness of each veneer. The goal is to create a strong bond and seamless transition between the tooth body and the veneer, so that the result looks, feels, and functions just like a natural tooth.
New York City cosmetic dentist Michael Kosdon, DDS has decades of porcelain veneer experience and has perfected the art of creating smile transformations with high-quality porcelain veneers that look beautiful and feel completely natural. There are several reasons why Dr. Kosdon’s patients say their porcelain veneers feel like natural teeth:
- Dr. Kodon takes the time to ensure each patient is a good candidate for porcelain veneers before suggesting them as a suitable method for smile enhancement.
- Using state-of-the-art imaging technology, design software, and digital photography to perform comprehensive smile and beauty evaluations, Dr. Kosdon is able to precisely assess patients’ dental and cosmetic needs. He is then able to design custom porcelain veneers that deliver optimal aesthetics and feel natural for the individual.
- Dr. Kosdon prefers to use on the highest-quality ceramic materials for fabricating patients’ veneers. These materials not only offer superior aesthetics, their strength allows him to create very thin porcelain veneers which tend to feel more natural than bulkier veneers made with lower quality materials like composite resin. Furthermore, Dr. Kosdon works with his personal master ceramist to ensure each veneer is crafted using the proper techniques and fabricated to his precise specifications.
- Dr. Kosdon uses conservative tooth preparation methods when possible, which means a minimal amount of tooth enamel is removed to accommodate the veneer. This approach preserves much of the healthy tooth body and helps reduce the potential for tooth sensitivity concerns.
- When the permanent veneers are ready for placement, Dr. Kosdon takes time to make sure each veneer is an ideal fit before bonding begins. In some cases, this includes making small adjustments to the veneers to deliver spectacular results. Once the veneers are placed and securely bonded, Dr. Kosdon polishes them meticulously for a smooth finish and a seamless tooth/veneer transition. He also ensures that a properly aligned bite has been achieved, which is key for ensuring patient comfort and preventing veneer damage.
If you are considering porcelain veneers and want a smile that looks and feels natural, it is important to choose a cosmetic dentist with experience and proven expertise in the custom design and placement of high-quality porcelain veneers—like Dr. Kosdon. For a personal consultation to discuss porcelain veneers with Dr. Kosdon, please contact our practice!
schedule a consultation