How to Choose a Dentist for Porcelain Veneers
Whether you are interested in porcelain veneers for a complete smile makeover or want to make a specific improvement to the appearance of your smile, choosing the right dentist for your procedure is the key to achieving satisfying results. Furthermore, high-quality veneers and superior dental work are not inexpensive, which makes it necessary to invest a significant amount of trust in the dentist you decide on. Cosmetic dentist Michael Kosdon, DDS has an established reputation for excellence and has been enhancing smiles with high-quality porcelain veneers for decades.
As a distinguished leader in porcelain veneers, Dr. Kosdon understands the credentials, knowledge, skills, and experience it takes to deliver superior results. To help you in finding your ideal porcelain veneer dentist, he offers some key points and relevant questions to consider:
- Not all “cosmetic dentists” have extensive aesthetic dentistry training or experience in porcelain veneers. Make sure to look beyond the cosmetic dentist label to get a full picture of a practitioner’s strengths and capabilities.
- Ask questions about his/her specific coursework and training in porcelain veneers. Have they received recent training? Are they an esteemed educator/lecturer on porcelain veneer-related topics?
- Evaluate before-and-after photos of porcelain veneers patients and ask how many veneers procedures they have performed. You want a dentist with significant experience and a history of outcomes that resemble what you’d like to achieve for yourself.
- Find out if he/she is a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD). This professional organization upholds the highest standards of excellence and ethics in cosmetic dentistry AND provides educational coursework in the latest techniques and technology.
- Check online ratings and reviews to see what former patients have to say about their experiences and results with a particular dentist.
- Which materials do they offer? You want a dentist who uses high-quality ceramic materials so that your results can look great and be long-lasting.
- Who is their ceramist? The ceramist crafts your veneers, and it’s helpful for your dentist to have an established relationship with an experienced, well-respected technician who is known for his/her precision and skill.
- A great porcelain veneers dentist should listen to and understand your goals and incorporate them into a personalized treatment plan that uniquely suits you.
If you live in the New York City area, or you are willing to travel for outstanding porcelain veneers results, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Kosdon at our practice. When you choose Dr. Kosdon, you can rest assured that you will benefit from his established expertise in porcelain veneers and receive top-quality care at every stage of treatment!
Editor’s note: The original version of this post was published on April 16, 2019
schedule a consultation